I read 2 Nephi chapter 31 recently, and was struck by the simple and pure and direct way it explains the doctrine of Christ. The testimony of the doctrine of Christ in 2 Nephi 31 is this:
- Jesus lived and does live
- Jesus was a perfect example. He was even baptized to show the importance of baptism and the importance of being obedient. We might feel that some commandments and rules do not apply to us, but Jesus showed the example that we should obey all the commandments of God.
- Follow God’s commandments.
- Be baptized in the name of Jesus
- Receive the Holy Ghost
- Endure to the end.
The message is so pure and simple that it can be found in just two verses, 17 and 20. Again, the Doctrine of Christ is:
- Holy Ghost
- Press Forward – keep the commandments
- Feast on the words of Christ
- Endure to the end
What a blessing to have the Gospel, the Doctrine of Christ laid out so plainly and clearly. I’m not sure if it is so concise and clear in the other scriptures. Some day I’ll have to look through and see.